Welcome to PigaLore!
Welcome to PigaLore, the wiki of Piga Software; we are a cooperative of programmers developing free software for GNU/Linux, and occasionally other systems, with a particular emphasis on game development. Our software is released under the GNU General Public License version 3, though some individual files within projects might be under other copyleft/share-alike licenses and are listed in project copyright disclaimers. Some content from our games by MWM may also be available under the GFDL and CC BY-SA on their wiki database.
Although we have used Visual Basic 6, QBasic, Game Maker and even ZZT-oop, most current projects are built in Gambas - a free software BASIC-style OOP programming language consisting of a integrated development environment and run-time, inspired by Visual Basic and Java, that is well suited to rapid application development. Our particular areas of interest are strategy, adventure and platformers, first-person games and interactive narrative, often with a sense of humour; though we work on whatever suits us at the time, and some projects are developed for a specific use case, as well as general use applications.
To find out more start exploring from the links provided!
Engines: Gambas Genie (source releases), Gambas Adventure Engine, Gambas Platform Engine, Gambas Arcade Engine (all released), Gambas Statistics Engine (in-development), Gambas Projection Engine (in-development), PS Tech (alpha and betas)
- File Server: http://icculus.org/piga/Files/
- Piga's Pumpkin Carving 2.5.5
- PigaVision 1.2.0
- Alexei: Part IX 1.2.8
- Windys 1.5.0
- Piga's Thanksgiving Dinner Hunt 1.5.0
- Piga's Santa Drop Down 2.0.0
- Piga's New Years Dodge 'Em 1.2.0
- Over the Top 1.2.0
- Soul Capture 2.0.0
- Hull Breach 1.0.0
- Hedged 1.0.0
- Free Empires Source Release 1.0.0
- Free Empires Source Release 2.0.0
- Lamp Refugee Source Release 1.0.0
- Lamp Refugee Source Release 2.0.0
- Alexei: Part XIII Preview Release
- Childish Cannoneer Source Release 1.0.0
- Childish Cannoneer Source Release 2.0.0
- Glut (PS Tech) Revision One Alpha
- Gambas Genie Mouse Movement Tech Demo
- Gambas Genie Terrain Model Tech Demo
- Gambas Genie Isometric Projection Tech Demo
- Walk About
- String Fun
- Smooth Movement + Diagonals
For the bureaucrat(s) of this wiki
Hello, and welcome at your new wiki! Thank you for choosing Miraheze for the hosting of your wiki, and we hope you will enjoy our hosting.
You can immediately start working on your wiki, whenever you want.
Need help? No problem! We will help you with your wiki as needed. To make a start we have added a few links about working with MediaWiki:
But Miraheze, I still don't understand X!
Well, that's no problem. Even if something isn't explained in the documentation/FAQ, we still are happy to help you. You can find us here:
For a visitor of this wiki
Hello, the default Main Page of this wiki (this is the default Main Page) has not been replaced yet by the bureaucrat(s) of this wiki. The bureaucrat(s) might still be working on a Main Page, so please check this page again later!