LinFarm is a simulation game being developed by Piga Software under the Gambas Genie strategy engine being developed for Free Empires. The player takes control of a small farm, and builds it up, with the hope to turn a profit. This involves, the breeding and raising of livestock, the planting, weeding, and harvesting of crops, and maintaining the farm's fences, machines, and buildings. To assist the player Farm Hands may be hired, and helper animals may be trained (they may also be bred for cash). The game play is going to be in part styled after Zoo Tycoon. The game's main inspiration is that the Piga Software staff themselves are Albertan cattle ranchers and poultry farmers. The name LinFarm is based on the name of LinCity, short for "Linux Farm".
- Farm Hand (Helps move/maintain Livestock, plant/weed/harvest crops, and general assistance)
- Guardian Dog (Defends Livestock from predators).
- Herding Dog (Helps move Livestock)
- Cats (Work as pest control)
- Truck (Drivable by the Player and Farm Hands)
- Tractor (Drivable by the Player and Farm Hands)